Friday, March 4, 2011

Big Love

"Mom I wonder if God's love is even bigger than HE is!" 

Sam actually said this to me the other day. 
We were hugging and competing over how big our love is for each other. 

So it sounds like this: I love you bigger than the highest mountain.  I love you bigger than the ocean.  I love you bigger than the whole world.  I love you bigger than anything ever! 

Sam always throws in, "I love you bigger than God and Jesus and Heaven!" 
I always laugh and say, "Wow that is REALLY big!" 

This time, with his arms still around my neck he comes out with,
"I wonder if God's love is even bigger than HE is!" 

These are the moments I just stop and stare at him like he was just born to me and I'm holding him in my arms for the first time. 
In absolute awe of him.  What a wonder! 
What a wonderful, beautiful truth that Sam already knows. 
God's love is BIG.  
Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment