Monday, February 7, 2011

The Joke is Always on Me.

I actually thought that the adorable twenty-something gentleman at the bus stop was not deceived by my mini-van, but could actually see beyond the loser-cruiser to appreciate the fine, youthful looking hottie that this momma still is.  Why else would he have given me that second look and that flirty little grin as I passed by him today on our morning errands? 
Well... Jonathan is the reason for the smile.  How so you ask? 
My husband LOVES to pull pranks on a certain family in our lives.  We'll just call them...the Flemwads.  (No I did not misspell that.)  Not only does he love it, he is pretty darn good at it.  I love watching him come up with his ideas.  He really is very creative most of the time. 
One Christmas he blew up an inflatable polar bear in their front entry so that they could hardly get in the door. 

Another Christmas, when they left their Christmas tree on the top of their car overnight, he stole it.  The next morning when they pulled out of their driveway without noticing the missing tree, he decorated it in their front yard.  It was there to greet them as they pulled in.  This was of course after they had driven around looking for the tree they thought had rolled off of their car between home and church. 




Another opportunity he grabbed onto was when they had a cord of firewood delivered to their house.  They didn't stack it soon enough so Jonathan and two friends stayed up all night to stack it for them.

Yep.  He's clever. 


Here is the problem:
  I am the one who suffers for these pranks.  The retaliation always comes down on me. 

After that little firewood trick, the Flemwads got inside of our house and moved all of the furniture in front of the door so that we couldn't get in.  I happened to be nine months pregnant with Ben and had just returned from our neighborhood pool with a tired and wet, 2 and a half year old Sam in my arms.   Like I said, I was also due to have Ben so my bladder was ABOUT TO BETRAY ME.  The Flemwads had conveniently driven away just as I was walking up, so I had to walk all the way back to the pool to use the restroom and then sit on our front steps and wait for Jonathan to get home with the garage door opener so that Sam and I could get in the house!  NOT FUNNY!

The latest little trick of Jonathan's was to hang our broken toilet seat on their front door.  Harmless. 


This brings me to today's smile from the gentleman at the bus stop. 

I had no idea. 


7 comments: